For your assignment, you will complete an INFORMATIVE Process Analysis Essay.
Process analysis = sequence of related events to excplain how things work/ how things happen.
Directive process analysis = how to do something step-by-step; directions for completing work (to make something). Examples: recipes, model kits, sewing patterns, etc.
***Informative process analysis*** = how something works. Examples: how to make a relationship that lasts; how to lose a guy in 10 days; how to be happy in life. Textbook example = how a zamboni works.
Topics: Should be something you know and do not have to research. A good way to find topics are to look at your hobbies, interests, and strengths. For example, you may wish to talk about how an oven works; how an internet search engine or face recognition works; or how a 2-year old child works!
Be sure you present the information chronologically (in time order). There are also many other ideas to think about before you start writing:
- What is your purpose? Are you trying to persuade? Inform? (Yes, definitely.) Entertain? You may do more than one of these, by the way, but as per the title of the assignment, you MUST inform!
- What is your tone? For all papers in this class, your tone should always be professional - it should not read like a text message, email, or letter to friend.
- Point of view: should be third person. Instead of "I think" or "I do this" type statements, make it about the person completing the action. For example, "Kids usually," "Fishermen often," or "Parents must.
The following infromation is true for all writing, but here it is again so you can refresh your memory.
Your introduction should:
- grab the reader's attention using intersting facts or statistics or tell a story.
- include your thesis at the end of the paragraph.
- should introduce the process you will be explaining.
- will explain why the information given in your paper is important to know and understand.
Your conclusion should:
- not introduce any new ideas.
- restate the thesis, but not word-for-word.
- circle back to your introduction. In other words, if you told a story, finish that story here. If you cited a statistic, give another similar statistic here that makes better sense with the new information from the paper that has been given.
Process analysis is an essay which explains how something is done, how something occurs or how something works. In this kind of essay, the writer is required to present steps of a process in a sequential order, from first to the last. All concepts or terms that might appear uncommon are defined.
Table Of Contents
Example essay topics in process analysis include:
- how to pray
- how to cook potatoes
- how to manage Hepatitis
- how to prevent a disease
- how to set up a campsite
In this paper, our service provides an excellent guide on how to write a process analysis essay.
Writing A Process Analysis Essay
The structure for this type of analysis is as follows:
- The introductory part should explain the actual process and why it is relevant or necessary. The writer should avoid any unnecessary information such as the background, history or origin. If for instance, a recipe needs tomato sauce, the readers should be informed so. In other words, go directly to the issue and provide only the necessary information.
- The next paragraph should present a list of all the equipment, tools or resources necessary for the particular process. For instance, if some ingredients cannot be found in the locality, the writer should explain where one can find it or them. Potential risks or side effects that are likely to generate from the process should be started so that the reader remains informed. Furthermore, it is important to inform the reader of what might go wrong and what can be done to avoid potential mistakes.
- The next part should outline the process in a sequential order. If the process requires some steps that should be undertaken at particular stages, these should be stated and explained clearly, at the relevant point in the sequence. The writer should be very keen to avoid confusion. For processes that appear complicated, the steps should be subdivided accordingly. What is more, the writer needs to vary their use of transitional words such as after, then, next so as to make sure that the essay does not become repetitive.
The final part should present a general review of the whole process so the writer can reinforce the main points succinctly without details.
- Introduce your topic and briefly outline what the process will achieve.
- Demonstrate where this process is relevant or when it is useful.
- It is a good idea to offer a real-world example of an outcome of the procedure.
- The processes should be presented in paragraphs.
- Each step should be presented in its own paragraph.
- Appropriate transitions should be employed for each step.
- Be descriptive in your presentation.
- In your conclusion, the procedure is summarized. You do not have to repeat all the individual steps, but you need to reinforce the main points and milestones.
- Describe the expected result.
Essay Writing Advice From Our Professional Team
The Magnificent Writer, EssayPro
A process essay also called an expository essay and has a very specific tone to it. Many instructional articles (like the article above) call for an essay of this type. While writing an article like this, it is very important to watch your tone. When I get an assignment like this, I make sure to write in a completely neutral way, as the essay is just eluding to specific instructions. Sometimes you might find this essay format in other classes that aren’t English. In biology, your teacher might want you to describe how specific biological functions occur. Your answer should be written as a process essay. As the article already states, if the topic is a free choice, then write about something you know well. If the topic is chosen by your instructor, it is likely that it was assigned to you for you to learn how something happens. In this case, do research properly and write in short and concise sentences. This skill will be very helpful in the future when you take class notes or do PowerPoint presentations.
Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff
If you have the opportunity to choose your topic, describing a process, you are familiar with will make the task a lot easier. We hope this guide will help make your assignment more achievable, but if you need help to write your process essay, custom papers can be written quickly by our professional essay writers. Don’t let a single task cost you your grade. Many hard-working students already come to our site to order an essay so they can target their efforts toward the areas of their study which are most relevant and important to them. Send us a message and let us take the pressure off.
Essay writer online